The Vinyl Manufacturers Association (VMA) originated in 2004 as the Vinyl Fence Deck & Railing Manufacturers Association (VFDRMA). In an effort to raise the standards for the vinyl industry VMA instituted a certification program to maintain product quality. In addition to the standard testing like impact, weather, and wind, the certification program focuses on the cell classification of the Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC) based on the American Society of Testing and Materials (ASTM) standards.
- Only VMA certified products are 3rd party tested for quality assurance.
- All vinyl may appear the same, but all vinyl will NOT perform the same.
- Choose a certified product, look for the check mark for peace of mind.
PVC fabricators all preach the same thing, "Our product is the best on the market". Unfortunately you can't get the best finished product when the ingredients are flawed. To confirm that We start with the finest ingredients (the extrusions), Signature Series Products LLC took the neccessary steps to become certified. This means that a third party audits our inventory to ensure that we only use VMA certified extrusions from Tier 1 Extruders.
For a better explanation check out the video below.
A Simple Explanation
To become a Tier 1 Extruder,a company must agree to maintain product quality in the industry. Additionally, unannounced bi-annual on-site inspections are conducted by a third party Auditor to confirm compliance with the below Standards.
- F964-13: Standard Specifications for Rigid Poly (Vinyl Chloride) (PVC) Exterior Profiles used for Fencing and Railing.
- D4216: Specification for Rigid Poly-(Vinyl Chloride) (PVC) and Related PVC and Chlorinated Poly-(Vinyl Chloride)(CPVC) Building Products Compounds.
- D1042: Standard Test Method for Linear Dimensional Changes of Plastics under Accelerated Service Conditions.
- D1435: Practice for Outdoor Weathering of Plastics.
- D4226: Test Methods for Impact Resistance of Rigid Poly-(Vinyl Chloride) (PVC) Building Products.
- D6864: Standard Specification for Color and Appearance Retention of Solid Colored Plastic Siding Products.